“And if you spend yourselves on behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness and your night will become like the noonday.” Isaiah 58:10
WFCM’s Volunteer Program is the heart of our operation and is an essential part of our mission. Our volunteers unselfishly give their time and are dedicated to serving our neighbors in need. Our core volunteer support is essential and without them, there is absolutely no way that our employees could provide all the services that we do for our local community. We are extremely grateful for all of our volunteers!
Opportunities for volunteer service vary in complexity. For example:
- They serve on our Board of Directors, and they act as liaisons between us and our supporting churches.
- They pick up and deliver food from local grocery stores, stock shelves, assist clients with shopping and bagging their food.
- Some volunteers answer the phones, greet clients and make appointments.
- We also have volunteers who teach a budgeting class, provide transportation to medical appointments, meet with new clients and those needing financial assistance.
- We even have a resident “Mr. Fix-it” volunteer, who has helped us with many repair issues!
There are so many things our volunteers do that there might not be enough room on the internet to list all the ways in which they help. Regardless of what you do, from stocking shelves to delivering food to those in need, we hope you find it as rewarding and fulfilling as we do.
Interested in volunteering? For current volunteer openings, please visit our Current Needs page or…
Email Annette Bosley