“All great change in America begins at the dinner table.” –Ronald Reagan
WFCM seeks a creative, energetic, motivated assistant food pantry manager. You have the unique opportunity to partner with us in serving families at risk for hunger and homelessness, while using your hard-earned experience in warehouse and logistics management.
At WFCM, we want to make sure people’s dinner tables have enough food on them to fuel their lives, passions, and dreams. WFCM is a Christian organization started by 12 local churches 30 years ago. We now partner with over 40 local houses of worship, plus businesses, other nonprofits, and Fairfax County, and have grown to be the premier provider of food and emergency financial assistance in Western Fairfax. We want you to make a difference as part of our growing team of innovators.
- There’s a place for you at the table if you:
- Have a heart for service and a love of people
- Want to use your warehouse and logistics experience to make a tangible difference in the lives of people in your community
- Are willing to learn new things
- Know what it means to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment, but are also comfortable managing data and details
- Are excited about every day being different!
- Are passionate about our mission: “As an expression of God’s love and a demonstration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, WFCM provides food and financial support to those at risk of hunger and homelessness.”
- What’s on the menu:
- You’ll manage volunteers, communicate with and assist clients, accept donations, and work with vendors and donors
- On our team, communication is essential! You’ll work with the Pantry Manager and the other staff to ensure the smooth, effective operation of all aspects of WFCM’s services
- You’ll go the extra mile to help our clients, make sure they have food on their tables and have experienced God’s love while at WFCM
- What you bring to the table:
- Respect for the dignity and worth of all people
- Previous warehouse experience
- Strong computer and communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more daily
- A team and communication-focused work style
- Spanish-speaking a plus
Ready to join us in our fight against hunger?
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Rebecca Kolowé, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Western Fairfax Christian Ministries is an equal opportunity employer.
For full position details see below:
Department: Client Services
Reports To: Food Pantry Manager
Job Status: Non-exempt, Hourly, Part-time (24 hrs. per wk.)
General Statement of Duties:
The Assistant Food Pantry Manager assists the Food Pantry Manager in operating WFCM’s Food Pantry.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Provides for the clean, safe and efficient operation of the Food Pantry
2.In partnership with the Food Pantry Manager, oversees the fair and equitable distribution of food to clients
3.In partnership with the Food Pantry Manager, oversees the processing of food donations
4.In partnership with the Food Pantry Manager, oversees stocking of pantry shelves and storage spaces
5.Helps manage USDA programs, to include ensuring adherence to program guidelines, submitting food orders and invoices, overseeing food distribution, maintaining client records, and submitting required reports to USDA/CACFB
6.Maintains database of contacts for incoming and outgoing donations, and ensures accuracy of food pantry data in client database
7.In partnership with the Food Pantry Manager, supervises volunteers, which includes training, scheduling, and providing for duties
8.Purchase food or pick up donations at local grocery stores as needed
9.Assists in updating client guidelines as necessary
10.Works in collaboration with Food Pantry Manager, Client Services staff, Volunteer & Administrative Manager
11.Monitors food pantry inventory and assists in creating list of “critical needs” for publication
12.Provides data as requested for grants and other reports
13.Performs other duties as assigned
Willingness to work collaboratively with WFCM staff, volunteers, and donors
Agreement with the mission of WFCM and ability to communicate this mission to the public
Respect for the dignity and worth of all clients
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Data entry/data management skills
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Ability to prioritize work tasks and carry out multiple tasks at the same time
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to work both independently and in a team
Completion of required courses with USDA
Forklift certification or willingness to obtain one
1*Able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
2*Able to stand for extended periods
3*Able to sit at a desk comfortably while working on a computer, for extended periods of time